Monday, April 11, 2011

0 Poem : Dysfunctional Families

People passing by in a blink of an eye
You see many faces you can’t identify
You see women hiding behind makeup masks
And groups of men with Vodka flasks

I dabble with the thought of staying alone
With no one to call my heart’s backbone
Would it be so sad to enjoy my aloneness
Though I’m never overwhelmed by loneliness

I wonder sometimes if something is disconnected
Like the bridge between our hearts has been ruined
Cause it makes me feel like we’re not related
Like blood is really not thicker than water

So what if we’re not raised, with this kind of Love
We can’t tell the difference between a pigeon and a dove
We can’t understand how families can be loving
And with an open heart, they can be forgiving

Yet I’ll swim against the current when it’s my turn
I’ll give you Love expecting nothing in return
My kids will be the most loved children ever
Cause they’ll be given Love that lasts forever

0 comments:

 

My Life Is Journey But Not Destiny Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates