Monday, July 2, 2012

0 Changing Skins

I told myself I won’t be hurt
When I ignore my heart’s alert
So today I’ll wear my favorite shirt
And dance my way at tonight’s concert

You told me you’ll be there for me
That I need not to worry or flee
But now I know that you’re phony
As phony as your Love can be

You change skins like a bitter snake
A snake with many heads that shake
Changing colors to adapt
To make me feel safe yet trapped

I wish you’d choose just one face
Instead of hiding behind disgrace
You’d make it much easier for me
To accept you as you are fully

I forgive myself for playing along
For saying that to you I belong
The truth is, I was never yours
Cause I don’t hide behind closed doors

0 comments:

 

My Life Is Journey But Not Destiny Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates